Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register Team-BHP FAQ New Topics New Posts

Old 6th April 2020, 16:25   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Bright side of the current Coronavirus crisis

Couple more bright side on the domestic front -

1) Since the cook is away and we are having to do our own cooking, food has got its flavor back! Salt is balanced, spices are just right, oil consumption has drastically reduced, raw vegetables / green-leaves are better utilized with lesser wastage!

2) With the domestic help not coming these days, utensils have more shine! Dish detergents / liquids that had to be replaced weekly are lasting much much longer and thereby reduced wastage.

3) With the nanny not coming, the babies are lot more at peace and more playful.
Old 6th April 2020, 16:51   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Bright side of the current Coronavirus crisis

Anyone else getting a bit tired of all the fake videos circulating claiming to prove 'nature healing itself' and 'animals reclaiming spaces'? Just got the latest 'Whales off Bombay High' forwarded to me and am afraid was a bit nasty when I replied to the person who sent it with the link proving it was a fake and a rather obvious one I thought!

It's like this crisis is unintentionally revealing the people in your inner circle most likely to believe fake forwards. Which going by the number of them, is quite a lot!

"Birds chirping in cities now", is another one that just refuses to go away - that's always been there, just that the traffic is usually too loud to hear them and we're usually in a big hurry to notice. Nothing new. I've been a keen birdwatcher for some time now and what really would increase bird numbers (other than the ever present crows, feral pigeons, mynas or black kites which thrive near human settlements) in cities is fewer buildings, fewer people living in a city and more empty plots and trees, not simply a lock down. And even that would take years.

Last edited by am1m : 6th April 2020 at 16:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ?000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks
国产精品香蕉视频在线-香蕉视频无限次观看-骚视频